12 October 2014

Lee Evans at The O2 Arena


On Saturday 27th September 2014 I went to see one of my favourite people in the world. Lee Evans. Lee was the first comedian I came across at the age of 12/13 which means I have been a fan for over 10 years. Lee has definitely played a crucial part in how I have grown into the big comedy nerd that I am today.



I saw Lee's 'Monsters' show at The O2 Arena. I have seen Lee at The O2 before but what made it immensely special was that I was in the front row! FRONT ROW! I am a very fortunate and lucky girl to be able to get front row seats. I counted and this was my 14th visit to The O2 and I have sat in a variety of places around the arena. When you are surrounded by others laughing with you, it's a great communal experience with other fans. However, being so close to the act on stage makes it feel so personal. Watching Lee's show made it feel as though I was in a small comedy club and I forgot about the other 20,000 sitting behind me*. Front Row at The O2 is an experience I will never forget.

FRONT ROW! Amazing! @TheO2London #LeeEvans

Now, this post isn't a review but I will say that Lee's set was superb. Still energetic and full of fresh new material. The finale song was wonderful and emotional and it was fantastic to be able to see Lee's Bohemian Rhapsody routine which is still as brilliant as ever after nearly 20 years! 

At the end of Lee's shows he tends to go along and shake people's hands. This was very exciting! I nearly met Lee once before by waiting for him outside stage door after seeing him in a play. But he didn't show up. I waited ... a looong time ...**. So Lee got to me, I got to shake his hand. I said I'd been a fan for a long time. He said thank you and that he saw me singing along to Bo Rhap. So wonderful to finally have to chance to say hello.


I'll stop gushing now but I'll finish off by saying thank you to Lee. Thank you for such a wonderful unforgettable show, thank you for saying hello and making me a happy bunny and thank you for 10+ years of making me laugh and for the many more years to come.  

I'll leave you with this cheeky photo I took with the description I wrote on the night. (I was feeling rather sentimental ...)
Not many people can say they've met their heroes, or even get to shake them by the hand or tell them they love them. Tonight I got to do all three. 
A brilliant night, sitting in the front row of the O2 watching Lee Evans do a HILARIOUS show and wonderful song followed by his Bohemian Rhapsody routine. (He said he saw me singing along.) What an AMAZING night. 
I'll remember it forever. 
Thank you, Lee! 
xxx
Lucinda x

* Goodness me! That's a lot of people! 
** Violins play, single tear runs down cheek. Oh and the play was Barking in Essex if you're curious.





Twitter | Instagram | Flickr | Pinterest | Tumblr


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment